However, property tax in the UK is constantly changing, so it is important to seek help to ensure you are making the most of the tax savings and reliefs available.
We offer accountancy support and specialist tax advice to property developers, property investors and landlords with property portfolios.
We can help you plan the best course of action for your property investment, whether you are purchasing a buy-to-let property, a second home or building an investment portfolio.
Our services include:
- Tax efficient cash extraction from a trading company to use as a deposit for a new property
- Maximising tax efficiency via furnished holiday lets
- Transferring a personally owned property portfolio into an SPV to mitigate the changes to tax relief on mortgage interest costs
- Structuring property portfolios to mitigate Inheritance Tax
- Reclaiming VAT on self builds and handling reverse charge VAT matters
- Advising on and mitigating gains of disposal (CGT)
The clock is ticking…..
Did you know the way VAT is reported to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is changing?
MTD for VAT
If your business is registered for VAT, you MUST sign up for Making Tax Digital (MTD) regardless of your turnover by 1 April 2022. Find out more here.
MTD for Income Tax
From 1 April 2023, most businesses, including landlords and sole traders with a turnover of more than £10,000 per year MUST file their business income tax returns with HMRC using the same MTD digital reporting software. Find out more here.