If you are below the VAT threshold, currently you can voluntarily join the Making Tax Digital service now.
However, from April 2022, VAT-registered businesses with a taxable turnover below £85,000 will be required to follow Making Tax Digital rules for their first return starting on or after April 2022.
To help you manage Making Tax Digital and the complexities of VAT, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if needed
The clock is ticking…..
Did you know the way VAT is reported to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is changing?
MTD for VAT
If your business is registered for VAT, you MUST sign up for Making Tax Digital (MTD) regardless of your turnover by 1 April 2022.