Buying, selling, occupying or developing property? If so, a Bishops property expert could help minimise your tax liabilities. Property tax is a complex and constantly changing area, and the law can be obscure on issues relating to it. With property ownership widespread throughout the UK, tax issues can have a significant impact on individuals as well as the many businesses related to the property industry. Effective tax planning is a serious challenge for anybody investing in property or companies that either develop or manage properties.
We’ve recognised the complexities of this area and have an in-house dedicated property tax team to help and guide clients. Our team can advise on:
- Capital allowances, such as those during refurbishment and development
- Property ownership structure advice
- Revenue tax relief and tax efficient funding
- Land remediation tax relief
- Stamp duty tax relief
- Property inheritance tax planning advice and capital gains
- Maximising recoverable VAT
- HMRC negotiations related to property tax
- Non-domicile property tax issues
The property and construction sector can be complex and challenging when it comes to tax planning.
Investors & Landlords
Investing in property appeals to many business owners and individuals.
Our property team is experienced in providing non-resident property owners with tax advice that helps them to reduce their tax position while maximising their UK investment.